Wednesday 18 April 2012

Books I loved so far this year 2012


So as I’ve just started the blog I thought I would share all the books I have read  this year, as there are a lot, I’ve decided to post the books that I thoroughly enjoyed! Since last September I’ve just been crazy over YA literature so most of these books will be of this genre. Ill post them in no particular order but in order to avoid this post being too long I won’t be mentioning the synopsis of the books but if you’d like to know more on a certain book just ask! =)

1. I’ve recently finished Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, I couldn't put this book down.. The story is so gripping! If you love X-men, The host by Stephanie Meyer or Fire by Kristen Cashore you will adore this book! The story is just too sweet!
2.  Last Sacrifice By Richelle Mead was the first book I read this year, I was finishing off the series and as I had heard so much on the Vampire academy series I was worried the series wouldn’t live up to its hype. However the book certainly didn’t disappoint there are 6 books in the series but I would say the first, third and last are my favourite in the series. Vampires, friendship and romance what else could you ask for?
3.  I ended up reading Beg for Mercy by Shannon Dermott as I volunteered to review her book for her, what I hadn’t expected was to enjoy the book as much as I did! This book doesn’t have the awareness it deserves, it’s not your usual love story so you will be kept guessing till the end.. =)

4.   Sophie Kinsella is one of my favourite chic- lit authors so when I’ve Got Your Number was released I knew I just HAD to read it! Boy, this book is soo cute! Totally adorable and perfect as a light read…

5.   I love paranormal stories just as much as the next person but I also love really light hearted reads that aren’t too serious and allow a good laugh. I came across Ally Carter’s Gallagher Girls series by accident but I’m so glad I did! I loved this series and when Out of Sight Out of Time came out I was ecstatic!

6.  In the theme of the previous book the next book I loved was also an Ally Carter book.. in fact there’s two I thought I’d do them joint. The Heist Society series containing both Uncommon Criminals and Heist Society are amazing! I fell in love with the characters almost immediately and I just can’t help feeling I wished I had the skills Katerina had, life would be so much more exciting *sigh*

                
7.  Hallowed is the second book in the Unearthly series, Cynthia Hand has really out done herself we learn more about the characters and are introduced more into the supernatural lives of  the protagonist and her family. At the end I was left wanting more whens book 3 out L

8.  Last but certainly not least! The power of Six by Pittacus Lore < [what an awesome name by the way I just love to say it].. I just love this series( have I mentioned how much I love books series), you move on to learn a lot more about no. 6 but I’m so glad Pittacus Lore ;) decided to write from other viewpoints too made the book a whole lot more interesting! I just had to know the ending of this book  I read it all in one go.. got nothing done for the rest of the day though =(

Yayy you made it through the mega long blog =)! Hope you enjoyed it and if you do read any of these books or if you have read them already I’d love to hear your opinions =)
Thanks for reading!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment