Friday 4 May 2012

Judge A Book Cover


 The Matched Trilogy By Ally Condie


Though I hate to admit it, I do- when it comes to books especially when I don’t get the chance to read the blurb, judge a book by its cover. The one which catches my eye or simple looks pretty or intriguing will cause me to get the book to read.  There’s nothing wrong with judging books by their cover but I have found usually the books I wouldn’t usually choose also have amazing stories.
This trilogy is one of the rare series in which all the book series have coherent book covers yet at the same time are changed slightly according to the plot of the book.  As you can see from the first book Matched its pretty much about how Cassia’s world has kept her in a bubble in which she feels trapped , the next Crossed allows us to see that she has broken free and the third; reached shows how Cassia is now escaping.
Also, I love the simple tone of the covers though there’s not much to it, I feel the covers speak a thousand words.  If I was walking past a book aisle, the matched trilogy would definitely catch my eye, mainly because of the colours which contrast really well.
The font itself is really cute especially with the single letter in each of the titles being different. It gives the whole book a unique feel...  Overall in case you haven’t been listening I LOVE these covers =D! 
And if you haven’t read the series yet please do! It’s pretty amazing!
Here’s the synopsis for Matched:

Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.

For those who have read the series and would like to know the release date of Reached, it hasn’t been confirmed yet but we know it will be released in November this year.
Happy reading =) XO

6 comments:

  1. I love your blog and i would love to follow if only i could find the follow button! ;o
    drop by mine sometime?

    http://ebonyblacklines.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Thanks for your comment! I moved my follow button to the right hand side just under the About me box... Hope this makes it easier for you =)

      Delete
  2. I really like the Matched covers too! I also love how each of the glass balls are the colour of the pills; green, blue and red! I'm not the biggest fan of the first two books but I did read and enjoy them! :)

    Thanks so much for following Booktastic Reviews! I've also returned the favour - I love your blog! Also, YAY for Team Luxing After Daemon! =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup I love how she matched each title with the pills! and thanks for your comment! =)

      Delete
  3. Awesome post!! I love all the covers as well! I can't wait for Reached!! Thank you so much for following my blog!! I love your blog-new follower! :) Yay for Luxing After Daemon!!

    Thanks!
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post!! I love all the Matched covers as well! And I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIRD BOOK IN THE SERIES; REACHED! I need to read it! :)

    Thanks so much for following my blog! I love your blog-new follower! And YAY for Luxing After Daemon!!

    Thanks!
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete